As discussed in a previous post about How Mr. Rogers Got Me Through the Year of Covid, I have created a program to pledge 100% of my sales bonuses to charity. This has been a fantastic opportunity to work with new clients to improve our local and worldwide community through the monies generated by their new sales. Below is a quick recap of donations already completed while also showing how I plan to direct future donations.
Completed 2020 donations:
- Prescott Unified School District: donation to specialized programs in my local schools
- Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church benevolence fund
- Maui Food Bank in partnership with Lahaina Baptist Church: providing food distribution to those who have become unemployed by the loss of tourism on the island.
- Azimuth Quest Foundation: providing outdoor education and activities for children.
- The Launch Pad: a teen center providing specialized tutoring for students struggling with remote learning.
- El Gato Azul Community Gives Program: a local restaurant providing free, daily to-go meals for people in need during Covid, many of whom were laid off restaurant workers.
- Cash assistance to a family in need to support unexpected medical bills.
- Cash assistance to a family who experienced income loss due to Covid.
- Fred Rogers Center: as a tribute to the inspiration behind my pledge program.
- Help Portrait Prescott: a local Help-Portrait chapter that I founded to provide free family portraits to individuals and families in need, including a large, framed print.
Completed Q1-2021 Donations: Supporting organizations that uniquely assist women in recognition of International Women’s Day on March 8.
- Girls Who Code
- US Maher Friends: an organization in India that provides shelter and care to women and children in crisis. Donation made in memory of a former colleague and great friend, Lynda King, who passed away during a visit to the Maher Ashram orphanage.
- Prescott Fire Fighter’s Charities: with important programs for women including donated car seats to the Crisis Pregnancy Center.
Q2-2021 Completed & Planned Donations: Supporting organizations that provide compassionate justice and social programs for minorities and the impoverished.
- Coalition for Compassion and Justice: a poverty-relief center providing housing, job training, and more to the community I live in.
- Equal Justice Initiative: a charity providing legal representation to prisoners who may have been wrongly convicted of crimes, poor prisoners without effective representation, and others who may have been denied a fair trial.
- Cornerstone Evangelical Free Church worldwide mission’s fund
- MORE DONATIONS PLANNED – the quarter’s not over yet!
Q3-2021 Planned Donations: Supporting charities that focus on children, from early childhood education to sports and other after-school programs.
Q4-2021 Planned Donations: Supporting faith-based organizations, in observance of Christmas.