For the last 2 years, I have been fortunate enough to donate 100% of my sales bonuses to charity. Any time a new contract put me above year-to-date quota, I received a 50% bonus on the resulting sales commissions, which was all donated to charity. Thanks to some fantastic clients and work colleagues, nearly all of my sales deals have generated such a bonus.
This started in 2020 in an effort to assist organizations providing Covid relief. It continued into 2021 with charities that uniquely support women for Q1 in recognition of International Women’s Day, international Covid relief efforts in Q2, child-focused organizations in Q3 as school started back in session, and faith-based charities for Q4 in observance of Christmas.
Not only has this 2-year pledge generated funds for some amazing charities like those listed below, but it has completely reinvigorated my passion for sales. Both I and the client are uniquely motivated to get contracts signed by a month-end deadline in order to generate this charitable donation. In several cases, my client has picked the recipient and introduced me to new organizations that I now love and continue to support.
As the Prayer of St Francis says, it truly is in giving that we receive!
I want sincerely thank all of my clients and co-workers who made these bonuses and the resulting donations possible. I can’t wait to see what continuing this program into 2022 will produce!
2021 Charities Supported
- Coalition for Compassion & Justice: a poverty-relief center providing housing, job training, and more.
- The Launch Pad (local teen center).
- Yavapai CASA for Kids Foundation (foster youth)
- Prescott Firefighter Charities
- Fred Rogers Center
- US Maher Friends: in recognition of Lynda King, toward a school building to be constructed and named in her honor.
- Equal Justice Initiative (founded by Bryan Stevenson, author of “Just Mercy”).
- Girls Who Code
- St Judes Children’s Hospital
- My church’s benevolence fund.
2020 Charities Supported
- Gato Community Cares: a local restaurant providing free, daily to-go meals for people in need during Covid.
- Coalition for Compassion and Justice, offering food and shelter for those in need
- Maui Food Bank, providing food for those suffering on the island during quarantine and tourism hiatus
- Azimuth Quest: an outward-bound type of program for AZ youth.
- World Vision, offering worldwide Covid response programs
- Financial assistance toward the medical bills of individuals suffering with Covid infections
- Prescott Unified School District, including special programs for at-risk youth during remote learning
- My church’s benevolence fund